Check out my latest reviews and recommendations.
- Journey Beyond The Burrow by Rina HeiselThis review is on the advance copy of an unpublished work I received through NetGalley. Journey Beyond The Burrow is due for release July 13th, 2021. Tobin, a young mouse, is a weather scout. It’s his job to be aware of signs of danger in the sky and the scents of the forest to alert… Continue reading Journey Beyond The Burrow by Rina Heisel
- No Gods, No Monsters by Cadwell TurnbullThis review is on the advance copy of an unpublished work I received through NetGalley. No Gods, No Monsters by Cadwell Turnbull is due for release September 7th, 2021. The title of this novel is so very appropriate, on multiple levels. It is a pun on the anarchist/activist slogan. However, when taken literally, it reads… Continue reading No Gods, No Monsters by Cadwell Turnbull
- Long Lost by Jacqueline WestThis review is on the advance copy of an unpublished work I received through NetGalley. Long Lost by Jaqueline West is due for release May 11th, 2021. I have written and re-written this review several times. Everything I say seems like a discredit to what I truly experienced reading this book. There’s something simply divine… Continue reading Long Lost by Jacqueline West
- The Hunter and the Old Woman by Pamela KorgemagiThis review is on the advance copy of an unpublished work I received through NetGalley. The Hunter and the Old Woman by Pamela Korgemagi is due for release August 3rd, 2021. This was an interesting tale – it’s different than what I usually read, and I generally like different. I was drawn to this story… Continue reading The Hunter and the Old Woman by Pamela Korgemagi
- To Be Taught, If Fortunate by Becky ChambersThis. THIS is what I want out of a sci-fi. This was a saga of exploration and discovery condensed and bundled up to be presented to me in the form of a love letter. Reading it was like having a big dinner and finishing full, happy, comfortable, and sleepy. I couldn’t ask for more.
- The Sparrow by Mary Doria RussellHmmm… well, this one didn’t turn out to be a favourite. The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell is about a recently-returned Jesuit priest, Emilio Sandoz, the only survivor of a first-contact mission to meet sentient alien life. There is a lot of controversy about the mission, which was apparently launched in secret and funded by… Continue reading The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell
- Remnant Population by Elizabeth MoonWhere do I even begin? It’s been a long time since I read a book that I loved as much as I love Remnant Population by Elizabeth Moon. The protagonist, Ofelia, is an elderly woman who has lived the majority of her adult life on an alien world as a colonial worker for Sims Bancorp,… Continue reading Remnant Population by Elizabeth Moon