My personal thoughts on writing, reading, and life in general.
- Musings: Music Without a Soundby D.D. PrairieI’ve been working on preparing a display for National Poetry Month in April. Preparation entails the usual: curate books from our collection to feature, select fonts… Continue reading Musings: Music Without a Sound
- Musings: Nausicaa’s Lullabyby D.D. PrairieI’ve been experimenting with a mindset that is sort of new to me. I mean, sort of. More like applying what I discovered in fictional worlds… Continue reading Musings: Nausicaa’s Lullaby
- Musings: If Wasps Could Dream…by D.D. PrairieThe elders told Starphira that the sun was a guardian, created by the Queen to keep the Frost at bay. But, like all of her creations,… Continue reading Musings: If Wasps Could Dream…
- Musings: And Then There Were Waspsby D.D. PrairieSo after my last research project, I started working on an outline for a sci-fi about a sentient wasp species. My little ninth grader buddies have… Continue reading Musings: And Then There Were Wasps
- Musings: Do Emotions Exist?by D.D. PrairieSo, I was reading This Article today, and both the material supplied in the article and some of the very emotional responses to it in the comments got… Continue reading Musings: Do Emotions Exist?
- Musings: What Makes Me Love It?by D.D. PrairieSo, I was thinking today… “A dangerous pastime, I know.” — LeFou and Gaston What makes me enjoy a story? Like, for instance, today I was… Continue reading Musings: What Makes Me Love It?